Re: RMAN

From: Lodewicus Maas <linux.oracle.dba_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:36:02 +0200

Jon wrote:
> Take a look at the Flashback feature... they
> claim that you can restore a table to point
> in time but I haven't played with it.... I used
> to get this question a lot.
>
> Jon
> "Alex" <asoul_at_tiscali.it> wrote in message

>> Hi all
>>
>> Is possible with RMAN recover only one table of my db?
>> Where can i find some infromation about this?
>> If is not possible , where can i find products to make this?
>> Is possible to restore one datafile with a different name?
>>
>> Thanks to all
>> Alex

Yes it's possible - enable the database flashback feature. Depending on the amount of space you have. Using this, you can flashback a table to i.e 3 days back in time, and then export the table at that historical point. Database must be in archivelog mode, and this feature must already be enabled to the time you want to go back into the past

Lodewicus Received on Thu Nov 08 2007 - 09:36:02 CET

Original text of this message