Questions regarding materialized view logs ...

From: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs_at_cybertec.at>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:41:40 +0200

hello ...

i am running into a couple of questions regarding materialized view logs. my goal is to take data from an oracle database and replicate it to some remote data store (maybe some other datastore can poll the materialized view log or so).
the idea is: if i could simply replicate the changes made to a materialized view it would be perfect.
i have come across materialized view logs but i don't really know how to treat them properly. i am able to create a materialized view or so but i was not able to find out whether it is possible to track changes or not. can anybody point me to some useful information (i have already googled a couple of sites yet but they did not answer my questions).

    many thanks and best regards,

       hans Received on Tue Oct 04 2005 - 23:41:40 CEST

Original text of this message