Re: Not a group by expression

From: Primo¾ Govekar <primz_at_gora.si>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 07:59:13 +0200

MM wrote:
> Hello users. I have a query that I can run and see the result on the grid on
> design time, but when i run the program i get the folowing
> message:ORA-00979: not a GROUP BY expression. When I run the same query with
> out parameters it runs and it was runing well before in Oracle 8.Also If I
> don't use the GROUP BY function but with the parameter, it works also well
> ?What is the problem? The query is:select t1.id,t2.nad,max(t2.name) as
> namefrom c02 t1,d00 t2where t1.id = t2.idand t1.date1>= :pDate1group by
> t2.nad, t2.idAny help is helpfull. Regards,MM

Maybe you should be really careful about aggregate. You use

t1.id and t2.nad after SELECT as non-aggregate field

and

t2.id and t2.nad in GROUP BY

t2.id is not necessryy to be equal t1.id in DB processing statement.

And ofcourse I'm not sure that there is not another catch inside your querry.

Regards

    Gokky Received on Tue May 24 2005 - 07:59:13 CEST

Original text of this message