Re: why to migrate from infromix to oracle

From: Joe Yong <NO_jyong_SPAM_at_scalabilityexperts.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:49:40 GMT

Migrations are inherrently complex, risky and costly (time, people, money). As such, unless you have a specific problem that you can't solve in Informix, a strong business case to migrate or really need some of the capabilities found in Oracle (and there are many good ones), you probably aren't ready for migration. In most cases, having a strong business case is the best reason to migrate. Others get pretty hard to defend in the boardroom.

Here are some Oracle case studies on customers who have moved from Informix.

http://www.oracle.com/customers/profiles/PROFILE4696.HTML
http://www.oracle.com/customers/profiles/PROFILE6349.HTML
http://www.oracle.com/pls/cis/Profiles.print_html?p_profile_id=9050

Good luck with your study.