Getting MetaData for JDBC tables with getTables() does not work?

From: Thomas Hansen <thans2000_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:06:15 +0100

When I access an Oracle database I can successfully select rows from a database table. So at least one table must exist. But when I try to access the MetaData with getTables() I get no data. Why?

I use the follwoing coding:

  String dbname = "MYDB.TABLEA";
  DatabaseMetaData md = cn.getMetaData();   ResultSet rsm = md.getTables(null, null, dbname, null);   if (rsm.next()) {

     res = true;
     System.out.println("tables found"); }
  else
     System.out.println("tables not found");

For what are the 4 parameters of getTables? I found some samples with percentage signs as values. Others filled the last paramter and left the third parameter to null. From my point of view putting null into parm 1 and 2 should return ALL tables for all users. Is this correct?

Thomas Received on Wed Jan 26 2005 - 23:06:15 CET

Original text of this message