Re: table API

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:30:46 -0500

"bdj" <> wrote in message news:41bf3ce8$0$281$
| Hello!
| With Designer (and other tools) you can generate table-API's.
| When is a good idea to use it? I assume that it only make sense when have
| modify an single row by an
| Forms/Report or other end-user-application (for example web-interfaces) -
| right?
| Where to read more about it?
| Greetings
| Bjørn

i've come to be quite an advocate of TAPI's the more applications i've had to maintain

TAPI's generated by tools are of course very rudimentary -- but as you fold in appropriate business rules, having a single procedure that maintains a table greatly simplifies maintenance and development -- and debugging. on many projects that i've been called in on to support/maintain/enhance i've had to spend most of my time searching code to find out what procedures are accessing a certain table. if it's all in a single package, you've got a nice clean structure to work with.

++ mcs Received on Wed Dec 15 2004 - 12:30:46 CET

Original text of this message