Re: Inserting a value for a BLOB field using an SQL script

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:59:00 -0800

Nathan Sokalski wrote:

> I am writing an SQL script for Oracle 9i. I have a table of which one field
> is of type BLOB. I would like to create an SQL script to add records to this
> table. What do I do to take a file and use it as the value for this field? I
> know how to use the function EMPTY_BLOB() as the value, but I have been
> unable to find a function that takes an actual image file and use it as the
> data. Can someone give me an example or tell me a site where I can find one?
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Please do not cross-post to every usenet group you can spell. You have to know your request relates to only a single usenet group if you bothered to read the charters to paid any attention to previous postings.

The whipping delivered you can find the solution at: http://www.psoug.org
click on Morgan's Library
click on DBMS_LOB

The stored procedures can just be run as a SQL script if slightly modified to be anonymous blocks.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington