How to Fail at Software Development

From: <arthur_at_belugalake.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 05:08:01 -0800

Hello,

The book "How to Fail at Software Develoopment" is about all the strange and funny things people do in the name of developing software. I worked in software development for over 20 years and found silly things that were being done in the name of software development were being repeated again and again. As a matter of fact, most things that cause software projects to fail are forever being repeated. And you can spot the symptoms if you know what to look for.

Most people running software projects don't have much software experience, so their inventions are usually not new. They rediscover the same mistakes over and over again. It turned out to be a book of very funny scenarios--some I lived through, and some were lived through by others.

Those who don't know the history of software failure are doomed to repeat it. You can find the book on Amazon or wherever.

Arthur Griffith
"How to Fail at Software Development"
http://www.anchorpointbooks.com Received on Fri Oct 15 2004 - 15:08:01 CEST

Original text of this message