Re: Implementing complicated constraints

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 4 Oct 2004 22:25:55 -0700

Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de> wrote in message news:<cjrlfi$rjf$1_at_news.BelWue.DE>...

> Did I already tell that today(!) I was called because at another site their hp-ux 10.20/ Oracle
> 8.0.4 server died? Lucky ol' us that we didn't support that one. Backups exist. But no
> Hardware to fix or replace the old one....

Nnow the feeling only too well. Had a customer for a few years on 7.3.4 NT4. They never bothered to upgrade even though their PS HR app was carking everywhere with 16-bit code. Then they kicked us out: apparently we were "too expensive" even though we were charging one tenth what the competition does.

Then they had the nerve to call us last year to "come and fix it" when the server (a Pentium 1!) finally went up in flames. And they sort of expected us to do this under some presumed "warranty"! Of course. Look, there goes another pig... Received on Tue Oct 05 2004 - 07:25:55 CEST

Original text of this message