Re: Can we delete files from cdump folder

From: agis <stag_at_hq.acn.gr>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:18:53 +0300

"U C" <umeshoracle_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fd94e273.0409160336.71dab93_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
> Can i delete files in cdump folder. Whats the basic use of having
> files in cdump folder. Is there any need to take backup when deleting
> the same. I am having solaris if we can delet then what is the command
> for the same.
>
> thanks
>
> Regards
> umesh

Yes u can delete the files from the cdump directory. But these core dumps should be valuable to Oracle support.

So it depends on your decission. If they take to much space you can delete the older ones.

You can use rm -fr [directory name] Received on Thu Sep 16 2004 - 16:18:53 CEST

Original text of this message