Migrating tablespace from dictionary managed to locally managed

From: Shailesh <shailesh.pjoshi_at_patni.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2004 02:07:35 -0700

Metalink says that, whenever we migrate from dictionary managed to locally managed tablespaces, 'Migrated tablespaces are not subject to the UNIFORM/SYSTEM policy of newly created locally managed tablespaces. you should see "USER" value in the ALLOCATION_TYPE column for migrated tablespaces'.

Oracle documentation says that parameters like INITIAL, NEXT , MINEXTENTS, MAXEXTENTS will not apply to locally managed tablespaces.

Suppose I already have some objects, reaching their MAXEXTENT limit in dictionary managed tablespace. After migrating to locally managed tablespace, will they still give 'MAXEXTENTS reached error'?

I can specify all these parameters for newly created objects. In that case, they will be accepted. But if I dont give these parameters what will happen to newly created object? Will it behave like an object in newly created locally managed tablespace?

Thanks,
Shailesh Received on Mon Sep 13 2004 - 11:07:35 CEST

Original text of this message