Additional problems

From: William F. O'Neill <wfoneill_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:38:48 -0400

Some additional problems have arisen. If I try to connect thru SQLPLUS, I get error #12500, and sometimes error # 12154. Again, am not a DBA. Just trying to get started with Oracle 10g. Have used Oracle 9i successfully at home with no problem. Am attempting to use Oracle 10g in standalone(not network enviornment).
I noticed that the installation did not create a Listener.ora or a TNSNAMES.ora file, so I moved the old ones from Oracle 9i to the new home dir in Oracle10g. Could this be what's causing me the problems. If I use the web to attempt to get to EM, I keep getting an error message about incorrect password, and yet I did change the password at installation. Can't tell what the difference is between OS & HOST. Can anyone help me here? Finally, is going thru the web now the only way to use EM. I used to like the EM in Oracle 9i.....