Re: Java Stored Procedure extraction from Oracle database.

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 13:21:34 GMT

Suresh Tri wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am interested in extracting the class or jar files which are stored
> as java stored procedures in Oracle. But I want to know if these are
> stored as references to external files in Oracle database or directly
> inside the database. In case if it is directly stored inside the
> database is there any way to extract it?. If I can extract these java
> files, can these be used in non Oracle applications?

The source code for Java Stored Procedures, _when made available_, is stored in the dictionary. The dictionary views are discussed in detail in the Oracle Reference manual at http://docs.oracle.com (for Oracle9i R2 the html version is
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96536/toc.htm) and you would want to look at

    ALL_JAVA_ARGUMENTS
    ALL_JAVA_CLASSES
    ALL_JAVA_DERIVATIONS
    ALL_JAVA_FIELDS
    ALL_JAVA_IMPLEMENTS
    ALL_JAVA_INNERS
    ALL_JAVA_LAYOUTS
    ALL_JAVA_METHODS
    ALL_JAVA_NCOMPS
    ALL_JAVA_RESOLVERS
    ALL_JAVA_THROWS
    ALL_SOURCE (contains the actual source code)

It's much easier to see the source when using the Oracle Enterprise Manager console.

All of this is discussed in the Java Developer's Guide at http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/java.920/a96656/toc.htm in CHapters 2 and 7.

If you extract the java 'files' you can use them anywhere assuming you have all the appropriate class libraries available to the target JVM. Note that anything other than trivial code will likely call Oracle-supplied (or proprietary) classes, and those might only be available as compiled java, compiled to 'C', or wrapped PL/SQL.

/Hans Received on Sun Aug 01 2004 - 15:21:34 CEST

Original text of this message