Re: Grant Problem?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 25 May 2004 09:09:31 -0700

kongkong99_at_yahoo.com (kong) wrote in message news:<cc50806d.0405250138.6fd2da0f_at_posting.google.com>...
> I created a package using pl/sql.
> In this package i have a dblink to another Database, call it DB2.
> Meanwhile, Server2 has a DBlink to another Database, call it DB3.
>
> Within my package, i have a sql that link to these DB2's view.
> In the View of this DB2, it call a function from DB3 and take the data
> from the DB3.
>
> I run this package in few locations.
> This package run fine except for one location.
> so, i'm confident with my coding.
>
> For this location,
> When i declared the function that call the sql in public, it runs!!!
> But when i declared it within the body, it DOESN"T run!!
> (Ofcause, i want to declare it within the body and not public.)
>
> May i know what caused this to be happenned?
> Is it the grant problem?
> (i don't have the priviledge to view the grant for each side.)
>
> The error are as below when it connect from the DB2 to DB3:
>
> 5:26:08 PM Error: ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote
> object ZEQ_READ.ZEQ_MASTER_at_DBUXP4.RBG.INFINEON.COM
> 5:26:08 PM ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> 5:26:08 PM ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not
> found
>

> please help
>
> regards,
> felicia

Felicia, the ORA-02019 would seem to indicate that on one of your instances the package owner does not have access the referenced db. The link might be defined with an invalid TNS Service name or the service name might be missing from the tnsnames.ora. Also the problem could be because of public vs private db link definitions or public vs private object synonym definitions one of which is either wrong or interfering with finding the right object at the right database.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue May 25 2004 - 18:09:31 CEST

Original text of this message