Re: Array selection and update.

From: Jan <janik_at_pobox.sk>
Date: 30 Apr 2004 05:28:05 -0700

adding some extra procedural code into single update statment would probably not speed up the updation.

What you can do is to think about parallel update (if your machine has more then 2 processors) - either by using Oracle parallelism - e.g.

update /*+ parallel(my_table, 4) */ my_table

   set ....

or split table into n logical parts (by rowid) and schedule n jobs with update procedure for a particular part of the table.