Re: Running a query manually when using web modules

From: Dave <davidr212000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2004 06:39:43 -0700

"none" <none_at_none.com> wrote in message news:<f417bd5e24720a912e0e0d78d3ffc487_at_news.teranews.com>...
> Hi. I'm implementing a web deployment using 9i. I have a table for STOCK,
> which has one or more PURCHASES, which have one or more PURCHASE_ITEMS.
>
> When a purchase item is INSERTED, I'd like the web module component to
> update the relevant grandparent record of STOCK, and when UPDATED, to
> remember the previous level and adjust accordingly.
>
> I'm sure that this can probably be done in PL/SQL, but don't have a clue
> how - all books and tutorials I have found take a 'PHP-style' approach or
> use servlets and don't seem to use web modules.
>
> I am mostly familiar with Design Editor. Can anyone help? Thanks.

What do you mean by web modules, is this a tool or product?

You can certainly create PL/SQL code in your database to execute your logic. And I assume you can call a PL/SQL procedure from PHP. I know you can do it from a servlet using a JDBC connection. So I'm not sure what your issue is, unless you do not understand PL/SQL. Perhaps you could provide more detail.

Dave Received on Wed Apr 14 2004 - 15:39:43 CEST

Original text of this message