Re: Printing a File From PL/SQL In Oracle 9i

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:03:19 GMT

Sudheer Kumar Mandava wrote:

> Iam using Oracle 9i database. Iam generating reports through Database
> Trigger into separater files. I want to print these files on frequent
> intervals from Stored Procedure. Is it possible in Oracle 9i and how
> do we proceed to do this?

There is a wonderful document called "Oracle9i Supplied PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference" in the Oracle documentation set. I suggest anyone writing PL/SQL wants to have a printed copy of the table of contents.

Check out DBMS_OUTPUT and UTL_FILE.

/Hans Received on Thu Apr 08 2004 - 20:03:19 CEST

Original text of this message