Re: Rollback usage query

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2004 02:23:29 -0700

No. A transaction will only use as much space as it requires.

The rollback segment tablespace is just like any other tablespace (as far as storage is concerned). Therefore it will allocate storage in multiples of database blocks (db_block_size).

A rollback segment that has 20 extents of 5Mb each has 100Mb available for use by any number of transactions concurrently.

Matt