Oracle Problem 1: Please Help

From: singhjih <singhjih.14a3a5_at_mail.webservertalk.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 01:09:33 -0500

Hi Everyone,

This is my problem;

*PROBLEM 1:* I need to create a table called *INSTRUCTOR_NEW* with all
of the information from *INSTRUCTOR* table. Add a column to the instructor table called *SALARY* which should be a number with 2 decimal places. Add a constraint to the *INSTRUCTOR_NEW* table called
*inst_max_sal* that stipulates that no instructor can have a salary
greater than $3000(three thousand dollars) (this is a weekly salary).

Code:

  CREATE TABLE instructor_new AS
  SELECT *
  FROM instructor;

  ALTER TABLE instructor_new
  ADD (salary NUMBER(4,2)
  CONSTRAINT inst_max_sal
  CHECK (salary >= 0
  AND salary < 3000));
  /

I used the code above however the problem I'm having is identifying the salary as a weekly salary. *How do I write that the MAX salary is $3000.00 per week in SQL?
*

--
singhjih