Re: Missing Parenthese Error: ORA-00907

From: Terry Coccoli <request_at_ifneeded.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 22:53:30 GMT

Terry Coccoli wrote:

> Anyone see anything wrong with this:
>

> create or replace function HourParser(DayTimeValue In Integer) return
> varchar2 is
> Result varchar2(20);
> begin
> Execute Immediate
> 'SELECT CASE (WHEN :x > 1) THEN "YES" END
> FROM DUAL' Into Result Using DayTimeValue;
>
> Return(result);
> end HourParser;

I fixed this one. The double quotes were replaced by consecutive single quotes, and for a reason unknown to me, I had to remove the parentheses.

But I have another question now. I expanded on the above CASE statement so that I now reference :x 10 times. It seems that the USING clause has to look something like

USING DayTimeValue, DayTimeValue, DayTimeValue....,DayTimeValue (10th iteration) or else I get an 'ORA-01008:not all bind variables bound' error.

Is there any way to simplify the Using clause for a situation where I need to continually reference the bind variable ? Received on Tue Apr 06 2004 - 00:53:30 CEST

Original text of this message