Re: Forms and HTTP image

From: AnaCDent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:35:01 -0800

Nigel Jewell wrote:
> AnaCDent wrote:
>

>> Nigel Jewell wrote:

>>> I have very little Oracle knowledge, but I am helping out on an
>>> Oracle related project.  The forms developer on the project tells me
>>> that he can't find a way of referencing an image on a remote HTTP
>>> server using the Oracle Forms environment.  He can only display
>>> images on local drives.
>>>
>>> We have a need to display images that are on a remote server (via
>>> HTTP).  Can anyone suggest a solution?  I find it hard to believe
>>> that the forms environment that can be viewed through a browser
>>> cannot perform this type of functionality.

>> No OS or OS version specified. :-(

> Sorry, like I said, it isn't my environment my question was more a "is
> it possible". So, in answer to your questions.
>
> It is Oracle 9i (unsure of release). In a Windows 2000 environment.
>
>> While you may understand what you posted, I certainly don't.
>> "LOCAL" & "REMOTE" are both relative terms.

> Okay. An image can exist on a drive "local to the computer" (nfs/smb
> included), or "remotely on a web server". The "remotely on a web
> server" is what interests me. Instead of displaying a "local image"
> (eg. U:\images\image1.jpg), is it possible to display a "remote image"
> (http) (eg. http://hostname/images/image1.jpg)?
>
>> Client/Server or web forms?

> The forms are running in a web browser under the Jinitiator JVM (1.3.18).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Nige.

You don't know what you don't know.

With 9iAS R2 Apache (webserver) MUST be operational & can (possibly) exists on at least three different systems.

System #1 is the "outward" facing classic webserver to which the client "points" his browser.
System #2 is the actual Oracle Forms server system which accepts the actual forms request from System #1.
System #3 is the Reports Server which can be asked to generate a report in the form of either a PDF file or HTML file via another http: request. System #3 can then "pop open" a new window on the original client to display the contents of the recently generated report file.

Any or all of these Apache webservers can be configured to "serve" and file which resides under one of their DocumentRoots; regardless from where any portion of those trees actually reside. Received on Wed Mar 24 2004 - 02:35:01 CET

Original text of this message