Re: Export data from 9i to 8i server ?

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:31:01 -0500

"Guest" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:c3p37l$p6a$1_at_ariane.blic.net...
| Hello,
|
| I want to export all objects including data in tables from oracle server
 9i
| to oracle server 8i
| I use Toad v7.6 and I successfuly export objects but not the data.
| What is the best way.
|
| Thanks

in general, when exporting to a prior version of oracle you can use the EXP utility for the older version (ie 8i) to export from the newer version, then use the IMP utiltity compatible with the older version

of course, features supported in the newer version will not be recognized and will cause problems -- check the 9i Database Utilities Guide for details under 'Using Different Releases and Versions of Export'

;-{ mcs Received on Tue Mar 23 2004 - 13:31:01 CET

Original text of this message