Re: Oracle Client on a Win 2000 server

From: (wrong string) ĝlskov Hansen <mmh_at_kab-bolig.dk>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:17:08 +0100

This is a well known problem.
http://www.oraclenotes.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=966

Here is your workaround (one of many):

  1. Create a temporary directory on your server.
  2. Copy the entire contents of the Oracle RDBMS Server CD to the temporary directory created in step 1.
  3. Search the directory structure created in Step 1 for the existence of the filename symcjit.dll.
  4. Rename each copy of the symcjit.dll to symcjit.old.
  5. Run the setup.exe from the install\win32 directory (under the directory on your hard disk used in Step 1) and install Oracle 8.1.x and related products.

The problem has been fixed in later versions of Oracle Client.

Regards
Martin M. Hansen