Re: Custom Response File

From: VicWozniak <vwozniak_at_telus.net>
Date: 8 Mar 2004 09:05:09 -0800

I want to run a silent install of Oracle9i along with our software such that the software can access the database setup for use with the software. The database will be created via script once Oracle9i is installed. I created the custom.rsp file by running setup.exe with the record setting. I am installing on a Windows 2000 platform, and perhaps the setup program does not work properly, because when the custom.rsp file was created, using it did not install the components I selected. All it would install is Oracle9i. All of the components in the DEPENDENCY_LIST were of the format orcale.rdbms.dbv_9.2.0.1.0. It took a bit of searching on the web to find that the components I want installed should be of the format "oracle.rdbms.dbv","9.2.0.1.0".

My main issue is not knowing what all of the components mean. Is there anywere online, or in oracle manuals, where every possible component is listed with a definition of the component and all of its dependencies?