Re: March 15: Rick Cattell, Peter Coffee, Dana Florescu, Jim Gray, Jim Kleewein, Jim Melton discuss XML, services and grid

From: Ken North <knorth2_at_deletethis.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:10:00 -0800

> prefer announcements be posted into comp.databases.oracle.marketplace

One of the keys to successful communication is know your audience. If I want to discuss the Oracle Java XQuery API or the next version of the SQL standard, it's not something I'd post in comp.databases.oracle.marketplace. The audience for those topics is the same one that would like to hear Jim Melton describe what to expect in the next version of the SQL standard. Instead of getting second-hand information in the newsgroup, people have an opportunity on March 15 to get their information from the source (the editor of the SQL standard).

The comp.databases.oracle.marketplace newsgroup is mostly people looking for employees/employment, consulting, or announcing a product. Messages about events that are not marketplace-related are lost in the clutter. That's why I didn't originally post there but thanks for the suggestion. Received on Fri Mar 05 2004 - 23:10:00 CET

Original text of this message