JAVA OCI Driver in 9.2.0.4

From: Oxmard <shankeyp_at_no-spam.comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:14:18 -0600

Is this still being supported? I was wanting to use it instead of the thin driver so that I could pass just the connection aliaes (tnsnames). I am understanding to use the thin driver one must:   try {

// register the Oracle JDBC drivers

      DriverManager.registerDriver(
        new oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver()
      );

// create a Connection object, and connect to the database
// as store_user using the Oracle JDBC Thin driver
myConnection = DriverManager.getConnection( "jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_localhost:1521:ORCL", "store_user", "store_password" );

But I did not see any examples on using the OCI to connect to a database using the connect aliaes.

Could I have one and where is it documented at?

Thanks Received on Wed Mar 03 2004 - 14:14:18 CET

Original text of this message