Re: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when i want connect me to Oracle 9i

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_NoOrSaPcAlMe.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2004 08:33:07 -0800

In article <c1l1q3$dp6_at_aix4.segi.ulg.ac.be>, CM says...

>Hi,
>
>when i want connect me in my BD with a JSP (with this simple code),
>this exception is throw.
>
>Thank's for ur help
>Mathieu
>
>CODE of my JSP
>---------------------
>... blah ....
>DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
> Connection conn =
>DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_139.165.123.198:1521:fultrans
>","fultrans","g4g8888v");
>
>... blah ....
>

>EXCEPTION
>----------------
>java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
> at oracle.jdbc.util.CryptDES.scrunch(CryptDES.java)
> at oracle.jdbc.util.CryptDES.des_dec(CryptDES.java)
> at oracle.jdbc.util.WorkBench.decrypt(WorkBench.java)
> at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.O3log.(O3log.java)
> at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.(OracleConnection.java)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
> at
>org.apache.jsp.SelectPersUtilSsSaisie_jsp._jspService(SelectPersUtilSsSaisie
>_jsp.java:55)

Sounds like a bug to me. I don't see how your code could cause this error. I would get the latest version of the Oracle client code for your version (whatever it is) and try the connection again. If you have the latest and you have a support contract, I would contact Oracle Support for the help.

                                      Rick

                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation
     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.