Re: HELP HELP : ORA04080: trigger 'LOG_ERRORS-TRIG' does not exist

From: Folke Larsson <folke.larsson_at_bredband.net>
Date: 11 Feb 2004 00:31:24 -0800

> Hi, guys,
> thanz alot for the idea and suggestions. Anyway, I dropped the
> trigger and the table created. After that, db back to normal. B'cos i
> am not afford the db down time for more than 2 days. All users start
> complaints around the world.
>
> I really appreciate ur guys help! thanz again!
>
> Anyway, i start worried about my db now. The last messages appeals
> before I dropped the trigger and the table created is 0604: error
> occured at recursive level 1 and 6502: PL/SQL; numeric or value error
> : character string too small.

Hello again Tracy

You seems to get runtime errors because the size of your variables are to small.

 var_user varchar2(30);
 var_osuser varchar2(30);
from sys.v_$session

They have to fit the sizes from V$SESSION or the table it depends on. I think they are bigger in their base tables like varchar2(60)or more. Check it with DESCRIBE V$SESSION or try to use %TYPE. If then the sizes in table-variables changes, the variable in the trigger don't have to be changed.

Regards

Folke Larsson Received on Wed Feb 11 2004 - 09:31:24 CET

Original text of this message