query results slow from db

From: Ray <nbujji_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jan 2004 06:05:21 -0800

Hi - I have a query which extracts data from multiple tables (9i server), one of the tables is on a remote server with 8.1.7 Oracle running on it.

Whenever this query is run, the performance is really down as compared to when the query was run before on both 8.1.7 versions of oracle. Now that we have to migrate one of the oracle versions to 9i, this has happened.

Can anyone help with this ? We have no control over the remote db server which is running in 8i and no idea when they are going to convert to 9i.

The query is straight forward - some thing like this:

select a8i.x, b9i.y, c8i.z
  from a8i, b9i, c8i
 where a8i.x = b9i.y

Appreciate your time and help.
Thank you. Received on Tue Jan 20 2004 - 15:05:21 CET

Original text of this message