Re: SQL Commands to interact with Windows Files in 9iR2

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2004 15:06:09 -0600

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, hforbric_at_yahoo.net wrote:
> Galen Boyer wrote:

>> > Please tell me how to do that with Netscape Navigator 4.8 so
>> > I too can avoid getting upset about cross (and multi) posts.
>>
>> Hm... I don't know that newsreader.  I would assume you could
>> find it.

> I can't. That's why I asked.
>
> And since it appears that my newsreader can not handle cross
> posts, I assume there might be others with the same limitation.

Sorry about that. Mine allows me to do so. The functionality I actually use is a different flavor of it. I have it notice the message-id so I only read the message once, no matter how many groups it shows up in.

> Perhaps the answer lies in netiquette rather than technology,
> after all? (Just a thought.)

Well, I wouldn't think the scolding responses held so little water if the people yelling about them also were good usenet citizens and sufficiently trimmed their posts (Daniel is a big offender in this regard). If one wants to measure the affect on usenet experience, not sufficiently trimming one's posts if far more of a gregious error against usenet humanity than cross-posting.

--
Galen Boyer