Re: Oracle 8.1.7 hsodbc agent on Tru64 UNIX 5.1B

From: Ted Thibodeau Jr <tthibodeau_at_openlinksw.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:42:57 GMT

In article <3fd74a6b$0$148$e4fe514c_at_dreader13.news.xs4all.nl>, Eric de Redelijkheid <ericdere_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I am trying to establish a database link to a MS SQL server on an
> Oracle database.
>
> I am almost there, but there is one file missing: the heterogeneous
> services ODBC agent: hsodbc.
>
> It does not seem to be automaticly installed with Oracle, but I
> understand it is possible to build/link/make one.
>
> Has anyone the procedure to do this on this particular platform?

This component is available only directly from Oracle.

Once you have the HSODBC component, I recommend OpenLink's Single-Tier ODBC Driver for your connection to SQL Server.

Hope this helps,

Ted

--
A: Yes.
| Q: Are you sure?
| | A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
| | | Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Ted Thibodeau, Jr.       //              voice 781-273-0900 x32
Evangelism & Support     //    mailto:tthibodeau_at_openlinksw.com
OpenLink Software, Inc.  //          http://www.openlinksw.com/
* NEW * OpenLink Blogs   //  http://www.openlinksw.com/weblogs/
Universal Data Access and Virtual Database Technology Providers