Re: A simple newbie question with select

From: Tomislav Petrovic <t.petrovic_at_inet.hr>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:37:13 +0100

> try constructing the statement and using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE (probably
> the preferred method)

Thank you. Did that, works like a charm.

> if the predicate on the LOCAL_ID column does not contribute to
> performance (i.e., plenty of selectivity on the IDN_ID column), you
> could also try something like
>
> and instr( v_options, '[' || local_id || ']' ) > 0
>
> where V_OPTIONS is constructed in the proc to look something like
> '[1][3][9][17][20001]'

It does, has unique constraint coupled with IDN_ID etc.... So this is not an option....

One more question, since I'm Oracle newbie... Does unique constraint work like an index (speeds up searches, etc...) or do I have to have separate index????

Tomy. Received on Mon Jan 12 2004 - 10:37:13 CET

Original text of this message