user authorazation

From: leecho_at_unitem.edu.my <(leecho_at_unitem.edu.my)>
Date: 9 Jan 2004 01:22:17 -0800

Hi,
I confuse. I had a role named lsc_role with certain object privs. if i run this query :
select role from dba_role;

ROLE

JAVADEBUGPRIV
EJBCLIENT
JAVA_ADMIN
JAVA_DEPLOY
CTXAPP
XDBADMIN
AUTHENTICATEDUSER
LBAC_DBA
OLAP_DBA
SALES_HISTORY_ROLE
LSC_ROLE

i can see the role exists. but when i try to see the object privs granted to lsc_role with this query :

SQL> select *
  2 From role_tab_privs
  3 where role = 'LSC_ROLE';

no rows selected

User who granted LSC_ROLE is still working, mean access is restricted as what was assigned to this role.

Why i can see the object privs assigned to them in second query?

I granted the role lsc_role to user using id: abc who has dba role.

I wonder is that only grantor can see grantees? Hm.. means, id dba_1 created and granted role_a to user b. When dba_2 run tthis query: SQL> select *
  2 From role_tab_privs
  3 where role = 'role_a';
dba_2 will see nothing, am I right?

In this case, which userid is better when dba want to create or granted a role or role; using a his own id or conn as sysdba?

more confuse now!!

thanz.

regard,
lclim Received on Fri Jan 09 2004 - 10:22:17 CET

Original text of this message