PL/SQL package gets invalidated seemingly at random

From: Javier Sanchez <javier_nicolas_sanchez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2004 14:32:43 -0800

Hi all,

   I am experiencing a problem whereby a PL/SQL package is valid for some time (and runs succesfully a few times) and then suddenly becomes invalid in DB. If I recompile this package it works again for some time and then again gets invalidated. Does anyone have a suggestion or idea of what might cause such strange behavior?

Also, does anyone know a way of obtaining error information from DB that reports why a package was flagged as invalid? Finally, I would appreciate help on how to obtain dependencies (both direct and indirect) for a package? (I read in the documentation that a change in a dependency can cause a package to be invalid)

Thanks for your help, regards,

-Javier Received on Fri Jan 09 2004 - 23:32:43 CET

Original text of this message