Re: HELP: create user

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2004 08:52:35 -0800

Yes you do. For example, to sort some queried data a TEMPORARY TABLESPACE might be necessary (if the sort doesn't fit in the server memory). Even if a user is not allowed to create objects, he/she still needs a DEFAULT TABLESPACE (you can't avoid that in Oracle). And please make sure that the DEFAULT TABLESPACE isn't SYSTEM! If you're using 9i, you can define a default default tablespace for new users (I forget the exact syntax, but look it up if you're interested).

Daniel