Re: TNS:protocol adapter error

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 19:46:10 GMT

dance wrote:

> Could someone help this novice with this error. During the install
> process I created a DB I called MyDataB. It seemed to install without
> any errors. Then I tried using the GUI to configure it and I get
>
> TNS:protocol adapter error
>
> Is it possible something did not get installed correclty or am I doing
> something wrong.
> thsnks for any help.
> dan

Some assumptions:

  1. Something is installed,
  2. On an operating system

I would guess the answer to 1) is 'a database', and further I'd guess that the database is one of the downloadable versions of Oracle.

I would further guess that, since you assume we know what you are doing, the you have installed this on a Windows platform. Since you were able to created a database, likely you have completed some form of install.

If any of these guesses are right, I would suggest you might want to go back to http://otn.oracle.com/obe/start/index.html - that is an Oracle Karaoke "follow the bouncing ball, to have a successful install" site. There are a lot of follow up examples there as well. Received on Sat Jan 03 2004 - 20:46:10 CET

Original text of this message