Test Case02:: Asynchronous Replication on Oracle 9i Release 2

From: Cherrish Vaidiyan <unbreakablematrix_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jan 2004 02:27:49 -0800

Sir,

I have implemented asynchronous replication on 2 database located in 2 different system. I did it with Replication Management GUI Tool. Before explaining the error i will explain my replication environment. The details of the systems are

Hostname1- node2                        Hostname2- node3
ip address- 192.168.0.232               id adress- 192.168.0.236
DB name- apple                          DB name- ibm
OS- Red Hat Linux 9

Master Group is named 'HA' and it contains some tables and views of HR and other users.The replication system works very fine with the above mentioned naming. I can see synchronisation of data to be completed in few seconds.

Here is my Test Case... I changed the ip address of the two system to 192.168.0.25 and 192.168.0.30 respectively. i changed the hostname field in the Oracle Net Manager (as I use ip address in place of hostname) with respect to Service Naming & Listener's listening Locations. I started the Listener in each system for their respective DB. I took OEMAPP CONSOLE. I logged in as the replication user /propagator. i expanded Distributed>Advanced Replication
>Administration. It took few seconds to refresh the Topology(on
choosing Administration) diagram between two systems. The Dark Black Line changed to Red Doted Line indicating that link has been broken.

Can you guide me..about the problem. I cant rectify, Wat the problem is? Why is it so. What all Oracle files use IP address? I have verified the database availability of "apple" and "ibm" by 'Test' button in the Oracle Net Manager. The result was .. 'The Test is Successful'. This shows two system have link What else could be the fault ?

pls do give suggestions...
regards
Cherrish Vaidiyan Received on Fri Jan 02 2004 - 11:27:49 CET

Original text of this message