Re: Listener cannot read SERVICE_NAME in TNS-Descriptor

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:12:30 -0800

Axel Dachtler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a listener problem. The listener cannot read SERVICE_NAME in
> TNS-Descriptor. The service-name I specified in Oracle Net Manager for
> this database is testdb as well.
>
> (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=axel-0560nntbn1)
> (PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=testdb)))
>
> It is a local database so I tried testdb.localhost, but this didn't
> work too!
>
> Thanks
>
> Axel

You did not provide enough information to troubleshoot the problem. A listener is NOT required to access a local database.

"didn't work"?
EXACTLY what did not work?
EXACTLY what was the error message?
I have NO idea what you actually tried to do or the error message with which Oracle responded. Received on Sat Dec 27 2003 - 01:12:30 CET

Original text of this message