changing date format in update statement

From: jt <judiphuongtu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2003 11:29:32 -0800

I posted this yesterday, but I am not seeing this out yet:

I am having problems with updating a date field in a certain format. The data is stored in an Oracle database. The date is automatically displayed in format, "mm/dd/yyyy" on the ASP page, but it is accepted only in another format, "dd/mon/yy". I want to make it consistent. How can I force it to accept the date in format "mm/dd/yyyy"? The second option would be to force it to display in "dd/mon/yy". Here's my current update SQL statement:

commUpdate.CommandText = "UPDATE table1 SET DatePaid = '" + varDatePaid +
"' WHERE ID = " + varRecID

thanks,
jt Received on Fri Dec 12 2003 - 20:29:32 CET

Original text of this message