Re: Oracle and Windows Server 2003

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 00:28:25 -0800

"David Rose" <drose2929_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bo9a8e$qlo$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net>...
> Does the Oracle work with Windows Server 2003 and .NET? I am trying to run
> an ASP.NET app and keep getting the error "System.DllNotFoundException:
> Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll)". The dll in in the Oracle bin directory
> and I have relaxed permissions for ASP.NET and IUSR_machinename.
>
> This worked fine on Windows XP. I have downloaded all the latest patches
> for the client. Am I trying to do the impossible? Do I have to revert to
> XP?
>
> TIA
>
> David

There is a separate version of Oracle 9.2.0.1 for Winblows 2003. Which necessarily means that all the other versions are not guaranteed to work.
You could easily have looked this up in the download section of any official Oracle site.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 09:28:25 CET

Original text of this message