Re: ODP.Net vs OO4O

From: Paul Clement <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage_at_swspectrum.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 07:38:21 -0600

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:16:02 -0500, "Julia Sats" <julia.sats_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:

¤ Hi,
¤
¤ I use in VB6 OO4O for connecting to Oracle, run procedures, sql queryes and
¤ so on.
¤ Now I am going to move to VB.Net. And I found that Oracle developer ODP.Net
¤
¤ Please give advice do I need to use ODP or continue to use OO4O?
¤ If I need to move to ODP why it is better then OO4O?

ODP is a native .NET provider and you will probably get better performance than using OO40 with COM Interop. Just keep in mind that ODP requires the Oracle 9i client software.

Paul ~~~ pclement_at_ameritech.net
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic) Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 14:38:21 CET

Original text of this message