Red Hat personal roadmap on the skids. Whither my dev box?

From: steve <steve_roach_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2003 14:21:19 -0800

Hi Folks,

I am running Oracle 8.1.7 on Red Hat 7.2 and am looking to upgrade
(9i? 10g?). However, it seems that Red Hat are pulling the plug
(today's El Reg article) and I'm not sure which way to go.

What would be a good Linux / Oracle option for my home experimental / development system? After Red Hat, I'm looking for an OS with some longevity to it. I run the database on an Intel box and clients include Express and OWB on M$.

Input appreciated. An upgrade is long overdue.

TIA Steve Received on Tue Nov 04 2003 - 23:21:19 CET

Original text of this message