Creating tables in DB Correctly

From: donnie_darko <member44272_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:45:39 -0400

Hi there,

I'm studying DBs again after a summer break and have forgotten some basics. I have 2 tables that I need to put into a DB but I'm not sure how I should do it. Here are the table names with their columns:

Student Table:

Student_id First_name Last_name Sex Title

Attendance Table:

Student_id Att_date

The relationship is one-to-many, with Student being 'one'.

I'm not sure what the primary key and/or foreign keys will be in the Attendance table as Student_id is obviously the primary key in the Student table. Should there be a joint primary key in the Attendance table?

Many thanks,

James