Re: Slow Crystal Reports with Oracle

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:35:31 -0500

kplasun_at_hotmail.com (kris p) wrote:

>> > I should have written, HOW does Crystal communicate with
>> > Oracle. When a report is being printed, my application sits
>> > idle. It's not really my code, otherwise I would probably know
>> > the answer. The Oracle ODBC driver version is 8.1.77, win2k.
>>
>> See you do know the answer, it is using ODBC. You don't have to use ODBC at
>> all.
>
>Thanks for the reply. What would I use that wouldn't entail
>installing additional software on clients' computers? One
>poster mentioned SQLNativeNet, are there any other possibilities?
>
>Thanks,
>kristoff plasun

The clients already have SqlNet installed with a working tnsnames.ora file ( else ODBC would not work ) so when designing the report use the
'More Data Sources...Oracle Server'
connection , not one of the ODBC ones and specify the username/password and the server alias ( the tnsnames.ora entry for the instance needed)
That's was what I meant when I misspelled 'native SqlNet' ( not a product, but a method). Received on Thu Oct 16 2003 - 21:35:31 CEST

Original text of this message