Re: Slow Crystal Reports with Oracle

From: kris p <kplasun_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Oct 2003 10:18:23 -0700

> G'day Kristoff,

How you doin' :-) Thanks for your reply!

> Does the report use multiple tables and join them itself
> to produce the result?

Well, the SQL query contains the join statements so I thought that Oracle would be doing the work and returning the results.

> Or does it select from a view on Oracle?

Nope, but I'm converting the report to use a view now, would it make a difference?

> Does it call a stored procedure to do the work?

I can't rely on that as that would involve creating stuff on the Oracle and management wants to avoid that for reports.

How would a stored procedure work?

Thanks for your help.

kristoff plasun Received on Thu Oct 16 2003 - 19:18:23 CEST

Original text of this message