Re: Use SET ROLE in Oracle Forms Builder

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Oct 2003 14:54:09 -0700

MEG <burnunit_at_DROPTHIS.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns94149D3B0E45Egililsmegovnsca_at_198.164.200.20>...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to do some authentification in a form and have run into a
> problem. The user types the usename/password into a couple of fields and
> presses the login button.
>
> The button trigger PL/SQL looks like this :
>
> DECLARE
> uservar VARCHAR2(15) := '';
> passvar VARCHAR2(15) := '';
> BEGIN
> /* grab the data */
> uservar := :BLOCK10.USERNAME_BOX;
> passvar := :BLOCK10.PASSWORD_BOX;
>
> set role uservar identified by passvar;
>
> /* if OK change context, etc... */
>

> When I try compile I get the message :
>
> Error 103 at line 9, column 6
> Encountered the symbol "ROLE" when expecting one of the following:
>
> transaction <a SQL statement>
>

> Anyone know what the problem is? All hints greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike.

If I remember correctly, you can not issue a set role directly in Oracle Forms as you have coded it. For Forms, Oracle has provided a function to do this. If I recall correctly, it is 'set_role'. Try checking out the help on this.

HTH,
Pete's

The opinions I may have stated here are mine and not that of my employer. Use any advice given at your own risk. Received on Tue Oct 14 2003 - 23:54:09 CEST

Original text of this message