after set db_domain parameter,but can not resolve database link problem.

From: wqhdebian <wqhhust1_at_sina.com>
Date: 14 Oct 2003 03:44:40 -0700

It was said the ORA-02085 error result from the mismatch of database name and database link name ,and

         setting glabal_names=false can resolve .     but I want to try the other solution,let global_names still be true.and set db_domain pramater to fix it,my question is:

   If my computer did not configure for domain,so there is no reall domain name for it,can I fake one domain name to use as the db_domain paramter?

  And I did it,set db_domain to my.fake.com,use the following command:
    create public database link test.my.fake.com connect to wqh
identified by   wqh using 'test.my.fake.com'
     and reset the oracle instance,

but the ORA-02085 error still ocurr.
 and GLOBAL_DB_NAME in sys.props$ (select * from sys.props$ ) is

    TEST.my.fake.com
 but result of select * from global_name is test,   and global_name SHOULD be db_name+db_domain.

    thank you in advance Received on Tue Oct 14 2003 - 12:44:40 CEST

Original text of this message