Re: Oracle 9i does not install (with a Mandrake 9.1)

From: Chris Leonard <s_p_a_m_chris_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:07:45 -0500

There are always some special instructions that have to be followed when putting Oracle on Linux, especially a non-supported distribution like Mandrake. Here are a couple of sites with good instructions for installing Oracle9i on Linux: http://www.idevelopment.info/ (click the Oracle link and then the DBA Tips link, then search for "Installing" on the resulting page), http://www.puschitz.com/, and http://thomasfly.com/Oranux/Oracle9i.htm. When I've done this (I've installed Oracle8i and Oracle9i on both Mandrake and some non-supported Red Hat versions), it seems that you can never find everything in one place, however. In other words, I've always had to search Google, along with http://technet.oracle.com and http://metalink.oracle.com, and then I've had to put the pieces together myself.

Good luck!

--
Cheers,
Chris