Starting database up...

From: Jens Fudge <Jens.Fudge_at_archersoft.dk>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 12:06:11 +0200

Hi

Setup is:
WinXP Pro on 1300 MHz Machine with 766MB RAM.

After installing Oracle 9i a test of some sort was performed: The "database configuration assistent" sent the following errormessage:

"Invalid entry size expected 419438592 but got 419438599 bytes."

After this error the test continued with the rest of the testing.

What does this error mean to me? Should I take actions, ignore it?

The next Question may have origin in mentioned error: After installing Oracle, how do I start it?

I have a Oracle 8.1.7 running on a Win98 machine, here I have options through start->programs->blabla to start and stop the database. In case you havent guessed it, I am not very experienced with installing Oracle databases, so please if anyone has an idea, explain it in deep, like I'm a ten-year-old...

Thanks in advance

Jens Fudge Received on Sun Oct 05 2003 - 12:06:11 CEST

Original text of this message