Re: Unsigned integer to IP address?

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2003 09:33:21 -0700

monicaroman_at_yahoo.com (Monica Roman) wrote in message news:<9eb77af5.0310021011.33ab8a4e_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello everyone,
> My question is how to upload an unsigned integer so that it looks like
> an IP address in Oracle?
> A Perl program captures IP addresses from a log server and puts them
> into a .csv file that I then sqload into Oracle. When I query the db
> the numbers look very different e.g., (just an example) 2423598587
> instead of 134.290.34.59 (this was made up, any similarity to real IP
> is pure coincidence).
> I need them to look like an IP address.
>
> Thank you much,
>
> Monica

 How did you load it to get different values out versus what was loaded? Your process obviously is flawed. IMHO you can store it in the DB as either

a text field and load and use it as text

or

4 integer fields, one for each portion.

Those are the choices I see.

HTH
  ed Received on Fri Oct 03 2003 - 18:33:21 CEST

Original text of this message